Finally the recipe for the fish cakes!! They are yummy with the salsa. But if you want to bulk it up for lunch or dinner, have them with a delicious salad. Hope you like!
Ingredients for fish cakes
1 Tin of tuna
1 Medium Sweet potato
3 Spring onions
Bunch of Spinach
2 Tbsp Tomato puree
Gulten free plain flour/ plain flour
Method for fish cakes
- Peel and chop up sweet potato, potato into large chunks.
- Place them in a saucepan and cook until ready to be mashed.
- Peel and dice carrot and boil until ready to be mashed also.
- Just before carrots are nearly done throw in the bunch of spinach, blanch for 2 mins.
- Finely chop the spring onions an place in a large bowl.
- Place the tuna in the bowl along with the spring onions.
- Mash the sweet potato, carrot, spinach and potato and put in the bowl.
- Add the tomato puree. (I add a little ketchup and mayo for the kids to sweeten)
- Mix all together and form into patties.
- Dust patties with flour.
- Drizzle baking tray with oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the patties on the tray.
- Finally drizzle a little oil over them.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden on outside.
- I sometimes flip them over and leave them in for another 5 minutes.
Ingredients for salsa
1 tin of tomatoes
1 red onion
1/4 cup of jalapenos
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp crushed chilli’s
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp coriander
- Put all ingredients into a bowl together and hand blend. I only give a quick blend because I like a chunky consistency.
PS- For the fish cakes you can play around with veg. I just throw in what ever I have.They freeze great. I just wrap them individually in cling film and pop them in the freezer.
Hope you enjoy! <3